1. Cleaning and decluttering: Remove any personal items, unclutter countertops, organize closets and shelves, and make the home sparkling clean.
2. Light and bright: Clean all windows inside and out, replace old curtains, update lighting fixtures, and remove anything that blocks light from the windows.
3. Staging: Rearrange furniture, bring in new accessories and furnishings to enhance rooms, including artwork and playing soft music in the background.
4. Landscaping: Punch up the home's curb appeal in the front and backyards by adding bark mulch, bushes and flowers, and ensuring current plants and grass are well-cared for and manicured.
5. Repair electrical or plumbing: Repair any leaks under bathroom or kitchen sinks, remove any mildew stains, and ensure all plumbing is in good working condition. Update the home's electrical with new wiring for modern appliances, fix any lights or outlets that don't work, and replace old plug points with new safety fixtures.
6. Replace or shampoo dirty carpets: Steam-clean carpets, replace any worn carpets, and repair any floor creaks.
Source: National Association of REALTORS®
Mt.Morris Consolidated Schools Schools
Flint City School District Schools